Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Working through it..

I haven't given up on my weight loss goals but I'm realizing that, for me, there are some emotional issues that go hand and hand with my weight issues. For so long writing has been my outlet, from when I was a young teenager scrawling out my emotions with a highlighter in my college wide notebook to writing in journals (with real pens-ha!), to the notepad on my computer to blogging. There is something therapeutic about it, it won't be pretty and edited, but it will be real and part of me. So things might get a little random around here, but I hope it'll be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you first need to overcome the emotional part of weightloss before you can conquer it. I've struggled as long as I can remember, but when I did the Win Lose or Blog challenge I was forced to inspect parts of my life that I had not dealt with. I didn't see the number drop on the scale, but I was very pleased with what I achieved in those 7 weeks. I overcame a mental block I've had for years. I'm still pushing through them, but my mind is finally getting clearer and I can do this. And so can you! Take the time you need, but keep pushing through.

    ReplyDelete