Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Starting Line

Last night I caught the last half of a weight loss show right about the time the contestant started slacking off. When it came time to weigh in the trainer chewed out the guy for missing his goal..by 40lbs. As the contestant stood on the scale looking sad and disappointed the trainer pointed to the number on the scale and said "YOU chose this number, not your goal. You chose THIS number." And I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

I am choosing to eat unhealthy foods.
I am choosing not to exercise.
I am choosing soda over water.
I am choosing NOT to change my life.

Until now.

It doesn't matter that I have been here so many times before (here being fed up with my unhealthy lifestyle).
It doesn't matter that I have an overwhelming amount to lose (numbers and pictures (gulp!) coming tomorrow).
It doesn't matter that I am terrified of failing.

Because what I've been doing isn't working for me, so it's time to make some BIG changes.

One choice at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it and I'm excited to see you succeed! It's overwhelming at first, but the weight will come off faster than you think!

    ReplyDelete