Monday, September 26, 2011

{back to basics}

So as it turns out, it's super easy to talk about being ambitious...to want it so much. I fell short in the actually being aspect of it. And so here I sit. Stressed out. Frustrated. Feeling literally sick to my stomach.

The scale is up 2lbs from the end of the competition, not horrific, but I know I've gained back some inches.

This morning I bailed on my friends who invited me to go to boot camp (again) and I tried making up for it by lacing up my running shoes and resuming my 5k training. About 5 minutes and 30 seconds into it, I felt like I was going to die. I wasn't prepared. At. All. Sure, I'd stretched and all that, but I wasn't hydrated and I'm fairly certain cinnamon sugar on toast and a diet dr. pepper doesn't qualify as a balanced breakfast (Seriously Deborah?? You know better). Realizing it would be foolish to continue running (jogging? shuffling?) in the desert without having had a drop of water in the past 12ish hours I headed home.

So it has me thinking about preparing myself and what choices need to be made so I'm not where I'm at right now, because let me tell you, it bites.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah! Life is so irritating somtimes. Why in the world can't we have cinnamon and sugar toast and D.P. for breakfast.{One of my favs by the way} Also why on earth is exercise so ridiculous. I feel your pain! I also need to make some real choices about weight loss because I have gained 1.6 pounds back and for some reason that is not enough reason for me to gain a little motivation and jump back on the weight loss wagon. Good luck to you. What can we do to get back some motivation and get losing again? If I can help in any way please let me know.{{Hugs}}

    nate_amyvang(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe we all need to start a new side WLB contest LOL. We all did so well with the competition. I know it's not meant to be all about competing, but that external motivator is effective :) I've struggled over the last couple weeks too. I'm *finally* heading back in the right direction, but it's definitely a little painful to get back on track :P Hang in there Deborah. I do think it was wise to cut the exercise short and hydrate.

    ReplyDelete