Sunday, September 4, 2011

{Ambitious}

This morning I pulled out some "skinny" clothes and tried them on, just for kicks. Um, yikes.

{Side note: Can I just say how much I love this outfit? There is just something so cute about a plain white tee and a pair cute of jeans. But it's not something I wear very often, because wearing white makes me feel like a marshmallow. It's true.}

Anyway, so I yanked on my jeans and while I was excited at being able to pull them on and zip them up, I was most definitely not stoked about the muffin top they produced. BUT they inspire me. It's exciting that less than 2 years ago I was able to fit my body into those jeans, and you know, actually wear them in public:)

So I thought I would have my sweet husband snap a couple of before pictures. After taking a good look at all that marshmallowy muffin topped goodness I started to doubt myself and asked him, "Do you think I'm being too ambitious?" to which he promptly replied "No, I don't think you're being ambitious."*
and the part of me that is sick of being where I'm at piped up and said 'You know what? I want to be ambitious!'

And there you have it. I want to be ambitious. In fact, I've decided to embrace ambitiousness. I want to challenge myself and become stronger both  physically and emotionally.

So in the sake of being ambitious and all that, and staying accountable, I'm posting the pictures.
Front and side view now and in 7 weeks I'll do it again, hopefully without the muffin top:)





*I should clarify, my husband meant to say I'm not being too ambitious. I'm kind of happy about the mix up though, it helped me to see I want to keep moving forward:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are totally inspiring me to do better. I have been struggling this week. I even gained a pound. I think you are awesome to get a clear cut goal going. In 7 weeks when you put those cute jeans on you are going to feel like a million bucks. You already look like a million bucks but it is nice to meet a goal and see some progress. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete